A ready-made restaurant job application template you can use for any role.
Is your restaurant hiring new staff? The best place to start is with a restaurant job application template. No matter what role you’re hiring for, the job application process for a restaurant always starts with this kind of restaurant application form.
What is a Restaurant Job Application Template?
This free restaurant job application template is preformatted with fields for personal information, employment history, qualifications, availability, and references. Use it as-is or customize it to create the ideal job application form for your restaurant. This template makes it easy to gather candidate information for just about any restaurant role – from server to dishwasher.
Why Does Your Restaurant Need a Job Application Form?
When a candidate fills out this type of form, they give you all of the essential information you need to know to determine whether they’re a good fit for the position for which you’re hiring. This includes key information such as educational and employment background, references, the position they’re applying for, available start date, work authorization status, contact information, and more.
By making candidates fill out a job application for a role at your restaurant, you’re formalizing and standardizing your recruiting process. When you have a process in place, you can gather information and vet candidates more easily, and therefore hire more quickly and thoroughly.
In a time when the restaurant industry is facing unprecedented turnover and a labor shortage, finding the right people to join your team is more important now than ever.
Restaurant Employee Application Form Preview
Our restaurant employee application form is completely free. Here’s a preview of what you can expect when you download it:
- U.S. and Canadian versions: Since your restaurant application form will vary based on location, we’ve created versions for both Canadian and American restaurants.
- Customizable fields: You’ll be able to even customize the fields in the restaurant job application template based on your local laws and regulations.
- PDF format: This format can be used digitally or printed, which gives you the flexibility to add a job application form to your restaurant’s website, or keep a few on hand in-venue for walk-in job seekers.
How to Use this Free Restaurant Job Application Template
Not sure where this form fits into your hiring process? Here’s what to do with this job application for your restaurant.
- Identify a role that needs filling, write the restaurant job description, and create a job posting on your favorite hiring platforms (your website, social media, Indeed, etc.)
- Upload this job application form to your online job posting and print several copies to keep at the host stand for walk-in candidates.
- Ask candidates to fill out and submit this form to officially declare their interest in the role.
- Review applications as they come in, or after your application deadline has passed.
- Read the applications and identify three to five of the most qualified candidates.
- Invite the top candidates in for interviews and ask them the appropriate restaurant interview questions for the position.
- After conducting interviews, choose the best candidate(s) to fill the role.
Whether you’re hiring one employee or dozens, our free restaurant job application template helps you standardize the process and makes collecting candidate information easier than ever. Download your copy of the template today.
Disclaimer: All of the information contained in this Restaurant Job Application Template (“Template”) is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal, accounting, tax, career, or other professional advice. Depending on your size and location, you may be required by local, state, provincial or federal laws to meet the requirements of the applicable privacy regulations, such as providing privacy notice to job applicants before collecting personal information. The above is not an exhaustive list of all your obligations under applicable laws in recruitment or as an employer. In addition, laws change and evolve and some jurisdictions have requirements not imposed by others. You should consult an attorney to ensure compliance with applicable laws, and TouchBistro assumes no liability for the use of, or reference to, the Template. By accessing this Template, you acknowledge that: (a) you may have obligations under applicable law, including but not limited to, providing privacy notice, that are not addressed in this Template; (b) the Template may not address all your needs and you have the option to customize the Template; (c) the content should not be used as a substitute for professional legal advice, (d) you should not perform any act or make any omission on the basis of the Template without first seeking appropriate legal or professional advice, (e) you are solely responsible for your compliance with all applicable laws. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not access or use the Template. This Template does not, nor is it intended to, constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice or a legal opinion regarding any specific issue or factual circumstance, and receipt or use of this Template does not create a contractual relationship between you and TouchBistro All information in this Template is provided “as is” without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, for general informational purposes only.