Setting Up Your Star Micronics Bluetooth Thermal TSP650 II Receipt Printer
Table Of Content
Chapter 1. Turn on your Printer
Plug in the power cable and turn on the power. The switch is on the left side.
Chapter 2. Pair Your Printer and iPad
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap Bluetooth.
3. Slide Bluetooth to the green position.
4. Your iPad will discover Bluetooth devices in range. Wait until it discovers your Star Micronics printer.
5. On the back of your printer, press and hold the PAIR button for five or more seconds and then release it.
6. The LED light to the left will flash green.
7. On your iPad tap Not Paired when you see the flashing green LED light. You have about 60 seconds to pair the devices.
8. Your printer will now report connected and you will see a Bluetooth icon indicating your iPad’s Bluetooth is enabled. If you encounter problems with your printer, first ensure the Bluetooth is on and revisit this screen to ensure your printer is connected.
Chapter 3. Setup Your Bluetooth Printer in TouchBistro
1. Open TouchBistro.
2. Load the venue’s restaurant.
3. Log in as Admin.
4. Tap Admin | Admin Settings in the top right.
5. Tap Printers & KDS.
6. Tap Receipt printer, one of the other listed printers, or tap Add Printer to add a new printer.
7. Enter a name for your printer if you’re creating a new printer.
8. Tap Star Micronics Bluetooth Thermal (TSP650 II).
9. Tap Print Test Page.
10. Tap Done.
Chapter 4. Range
We do not recommend placing the printer in a place more than 10 feet (3 meters) from your connected iPad. Also note, Bluetooth offers a slower data transmission rate compared to Ethernet. You will find with a Bluetooth printer it will be a bit slower than a LAN printer when printing receipts and tickets.