Reprinting a Credit Card Slip
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Credit Card Slips Versus Guest Checks
When TouchBistro approves an integrated credit card transaction, it prints two credit card slips. One for the customer and a merchant copy for your records.
If you’re using the Sign On Screen option, TouchBistro will print a representation of this signature at the bottom of the slip.
The credit card slip should not be confused with the guest check. You will receive an option to print the guest check after TouchBistro prints the credit card slips.
The guest check, unlike the credit card slips, shows the items ordered, taxes paid, and any tax number required by the customer.
If a customer requests the credit card slips be reprinted, or you need to reprint the credit card slip for your records, you can reprint these via TouchBistro. However, the procedure is different depending if you’ve not closed the day with the payment in question or the payment was made before the current day.
Chapter 2. Payment Made During Your Current Day and You’ve Not Closed Your Day
1. If you’ve not closed your day, tap Orders.
2. Tap the All Closed Bills tab, locate the bill, and tap the Information icon associated with the bill you need to reprint.
3. TouchBistro will reprint both merchant and customer copies. If you were using the Sign on Screen option TouchBistro will not reprint the signature. TouchBistro is not allowed to store personal signatures per our agreement with the credit card company.
Chapter 3. Payment was Part of a Previously Closed Day
Once you close your day, your All Closed Bills tab will be cleared of the previous days bills.
1. To locate a bill from a previous day, tap Admin | Bill Guest Check History. If you’re a manager, use Options | Bill Guest Check History.
2. Set the date range for the bill and tap Refresh. Locate the bill in the Search Results column and tap on it.
3. Tap on the bill image on the right to display the Bill Options dialog box.
4. Tap View/Edit Payments.
5. Tap the Information icon associated with the payment. Tap Payment Info.
6. Tap Reprint Slip.
7. If you would like a blank signature line to print on the slip, tap Yes. Otherwise tap No.
8. Again, note, TouchBistro does not store any signatures entered via the Sign on Screen option per our security agreement with the credit card company.