Prevent TouchBistro from Being Deleted from your iPad
One of the most serious preventable issues on the iPad is the deletion of the TouchBistro application from the iPad. This is of particular concern for the Standard Version as all your data is stored on the iPad. On the Pro Version, all the restaurant data is stored on the Mac Mini server so the restaurant can be re-loaded back onto the iPad from the server.
To AVOID the accidental deletion of the TouchBistro application, we suggest setting delete restrictions on the iPad. We suggest you do this for Pro Version as well. Although backed up, you might not want to waste time doing a restore during opening hours.
To set the restrictions on the iPad
1. Tap Settings.
2. In the General settings on your iPad, tap Restrictions.
3. Tap Enable Restrictionsand select a passcode.
4. Slide Deleting Apps to the off (non-green) position. This will prevent TouchBistro as well as any other installed app from being deleted unless the passcode is supplied (note this passcode down as you won’t be able to retrieve it).
5. Use the sliders to adjust the other restrictions as necessary. For example, if you don’t want your staff to be able to access Safari or the camera, slide those to the off position.
6. Tap the Home button. Your restrictions will be set.
Disable Auto Updating – You should also disable auto updates on your iPads.