1. Access Admin | Admin Settings | Menu. You’re going to set up items under Sales Categories, Menu Categories, Menu Items, and then finally Menus.
2. First, tap Sales Category. Create a Sales Category called Gift Cards or Merchandise (if you want to sell other non food/drink items).
3. Create a Menu Category called Gift Cards. Set the Sales Category for Gift Cards or Merchandise (depending on what you created in step 2).
4. Ensure you disable Taxation by removing the checkmark from the included tax. Tap Save.
5. Tap Icon and set an appropriate icon.
6. Tap Done.
7. Access Menu Items. Tap Gift Cards.
8. Create a Gift Card Value Add menu item under the Gift Cards category.
9. Give the menu item name something like Gift Card Value Add. This will be used when a new card is purchased and value is added to it or when an existing card is topped up.
10. Set it for an Open Price.
11. Ensure Taxes is set to No Tax.
12. Enable Is a Gift Card.
13. Return to the Menu setting screen and tap Menus.
14. Tap a menu category (for example Full Menu).
15. Tap Add Menu Category and add your Gift Cards menu category.
16. Tap Done and then add the Gift Cards menu category to additional Menus as necessary.