LATEST RELEASE NOTES
July 25, 2017
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.3.1
TouchBistro 7.3.1 now supports TouchBistro’s new Kiosk self-ordering app. TouchBistro has made improvement to the Moneris iPP320 setup and work flow. We also now support the Cayan Genius handheld payment device. Cloud reporting now uses an email white-listing system for report recipients.
Turning Automatic Updates Off
iOS defaults app updating to automatic. In general it is beneficial to allow apps to automatically update. However, automatic updates can pose certain problems when running TouchBistro Standard and Pro versions. You do not want your iPad updating apps in the middle of a shift, for example. Also, if you’re running the Pro version, it’s best practice to update your Pro server and then update your iPads and keep version numbers in sync. Some updates of Pro Server require a corresponding update in the iPad version. See “Updating TouchBistro” for full instructions on how to make sure TouchBistro is properly updated.
May 1, 2017
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.3
TouchBistro 7.3 now supports an ingredient-based inventory system. We have added support for EMV-ready devices for Vantiv and Cayan. We’ve added a new way to balance sales when you refund a closed bill. Finally, the options on the Menu settings screen have been rearranged to more closely match the order you use the options when setting up your restaurant for the first time.
March 7, 2017
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2.7
TouchBistro 7.2.7 is only available for iPads running iOS 10 (and subsequent updates). See the release notes for important steps you need to take if you have the any of the following models of iPad: iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, Mini 1. TouchBistro 7.2.7 has improved how TouchBistro handles integrated gift card reporting and sales. If you sell gift cards and use an open priced menu item to capture the sale, you should review these release notes for information on the new gift card Menu Item setting. 7.2.7 introduces some changes to discounts in TouchBistro. You can control how discounts affect autograts as well as restrict discounts to certain staff types.
December 13, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2.5
TouchBistro 7.2.5 now gives you greater control over your tip suggestions. For iZettle users, 7.2.5 integrates with the iZettle Reader. Recent updates to Cloud Reporting are documented in these release notes.
November 1, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2.4
TouchBistro 7.2.4 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of TouchBistro 7.2.3.
September 26, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2.3
In TouchBistro 7.2.3 we’ve fixed some issues that developed since the release of 7.2.2. TouchBistro 7.2.3 now integrates with the Square Register app. We’ve also added an ability to reload data to the Shogo integration. You now also adjust your guest checks to include the bill number.
August 17, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2.2
In TouchBistro 7.2.2 we’ve fixed some issues that developed since the release of 7.2.1. We also now support the iOS-certified Socket CHS 7CI portable barcode scanner. We have added new reports to the cloud reporting site as well as now provide a CSV export of most cloud reports.
July 25, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2.1
TouchBistro 7.2.1 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of TouchBistro 7.2.0. TouchBistro 7.2.1 also now features a new automatic daily backup of your restaurant data and your menu. This is defaulted on after installing the update.
July 12, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.2
In TouchBistro 7.2 we’ve changed some of the navigation design and colors to align with Apple’s guidelines as well as accessibility guidelines.
You can now issue and report on payouts and pay ins. You can associate your products with barcodes and ring in purchases using your iPad’s rear-facing camera. PayPal user in the USA can now use PayPal’s EMV card reader.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.1.2
TouchBistro 7.1.2 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of TouchBistro 7.1.1.
May 10, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.1.1
TouchBistro 7.1.1 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of TouchBistro 7.1. This version also now allows you to adjust the staff type your employee logged in under for a particular shift. If your employee logged in under the incorrect staff type, you can adjust the staff type. In addition you can adjust the rate of pay.
April 12, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.1
Download Release Notes – v.7.1 | 7.1 Video Highlights
TouchBistro 7.1 now lets you assign multiple staff types to individual staff members. We also now support the iZettle payment provider. If you’re in a jurisdiction that deems food ordered as takeout/delivery or food ordered at the bar as non-taxable, you can now set up order type tax exclusions.
February 23, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.0.2
7.0.2 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of 7.0.1. 7.0.2 also supports French and Spanish language versions. TouchBistro will detect your iPad’s language setting and if your iPad is set for French or Spanish, TouchBistro will automatically switch to your iPad’s default language.
January 26, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.0.1
7.0.1 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of 7.0.
January 21, 2016
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.0
Download Release Notes – v.7.0 | 7.0 Video Highlights
TouchBistro 7.0 is now optimized for iPad Pro. A new Menu feature allows you to create scheduled menus (e.g., dinner/lunch/breakfast) and unlimited number of menu categories. TouchBistro supports printing multiple tax numbers on guest checks. You can also customize the order experience for right- or left-handed staff members.
December 21, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.2.1
The Shogo integration (which allows you to connect TouchBistro with QuickBooks and Xero) is out of beta. See the Admin guide for details how to enable Shogo within TouchBistro. 6.1.2 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of 6.1.
December 8, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.2
Download Release Notes – v.6.2 | 6.2 Video Highlights
Manager and bartender rights are now fully exposed and can be assigned to any staff type. We’ve also added a local backup feature that backs up your restaurant data before installing a new version of TouchBistro. We’ve added an easier way to launch TeamViewer sessions within TouchBistro.
If you are a Pro user and running an older version of OS X, you will need to update to OS El Capitan.
November 10, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.1.2
TouchBistro 6.1.2 addresses some additional issues that developed after the release of 6.1. No new features have been added.
October 14, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.1.1
TouchBistro 6.1.1 addresses issues that developed after the release of 6.1. No new features have been added.
September 28, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.1
Download Release Notes – v.6.1 | 6.1 Video Highlights
TouchBistro 6.1 offers a new integration with a third party app: 7shifts. Pro users will discover noticeable speed improvements for operations that access the Mac server. We are also in the process of changing how staff types and rights work. In 6.1, you can now create your own custom staff types and assign rights to the staff types.
July 23, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.0.2
TouchBistro 6.0.2 addresses issues that developed after the release of 6.0. No new features have been added.
July 13, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.0.1
TouchBistro 6.0.1 addresses issues that developed after the release of 6.0. In addition to fixing issues that arose after the 6.0 release, we’ve added a Payments by Section report. No new major features have been added.
June 29, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6.0
Download Release Notes – v.6.0
TouchBistro 6.0 offers some major improvements to the user experience. Most notably TouchBistro now supports landscape mode. Bar and counter service venues will appreciate this additional flexibility. We’re also adding new ways to interact with your menu on your order screen with bigger, friendlier buttons that help bar and counter staff add items to the order more accurately. Another major highlight is TouchBistro now better supports zero dollar menu items. You can add free items customers request but servers sometimes forget in the rush.
March 24, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.9.2
Download Release Notes – v.5.9.2
In TouchBistro 5.9.2 we’ve added a new Australian payment provider call Tyro. We’ve also made some changes to tipping and how you interact with bar tabs and the Orders screen. Finally, we’ve added new fields for staff profiles, allowing you to display a public facing name as well as record the staffer’s full name for internal records.
February 24, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.9.1
TouchBistro 5.9.1 addresses issues that developed after the release of 5.9. No new features have been added.
February 10, 2015
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.9
Download Release Notes – v.5.9
You must update your iPad to iOS8 to see the 5.9 update in the App Store. IPads running iOS7 cannot update to 5.9. We’ve removed the General setting. See the 5.9 release notes for where to find options previously found under General. TouchBistro also now supports the use of a Customer Facing Display. We’ve also added support for Chase Paymentech Canada.
December 15, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.8
Download Release Notes – v.5.8
TouchBistro 5.8 adds a new “pay at table” payment method: OpenTable Payments. We’ve added three new reports to help you keep control over your cash drawer. You can now have TouchBistro prompt you to enter a party name for a POS order.
November 26, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.7
Download Release Notes – v.5.7
TouchBistro 5.7 has introduced a newly redesigned Admin section. Admin features are better organized and the Admin UI adopts a more familiar iOS look and feel. TouchBistro has included a public beta for our new Cloud Reporting feature. KDS users will need to update to the latest version of the KDS for use with TouchBistro 5.7.
October 14, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.6.5
TouchBistro 5.6.5 improves iOS 8.0 compatibility.
September 9, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.6.1
TouchBistro 5.6.1 addresses issues that developed after the release of 5.6.0. No new features have been added. Note, if you’re having issues with your Star kitchen impact printer and you’ve previously set it to Epson mode, follow these directions for setting it back to Star mode.
September 2, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.6.0
Download Release Notes – v.5.6
TouchBistro 5.6 has expanded PayPal integration, including supporting the mobile payment app’s selfcheckout feature. Clients in the USA can now integrate the PayPal card reader. We’ve also added “swiper” support for customers using Merchant Warehouse as their payment provider.
July 2, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.5.2
Download Release Notes – v.5.5.2
The TouchBistro 5.5.2 update addresses a few issues that developed after the release of 5.5.1 (Standard Version). Notably, Standard users doing End of Day as Admins were unable to close their day. TouchBistro 5.5.2 allows you to make the Print Progress dialog box introduced in the 5.5 update optional. TouchBistro also now supports the Griffin Retail Kiosk, a mount with integrated card swiper for iPad 2 and iPad Third Generation.
June 10, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.5.1
This update addresses several issues that developed after the release of 5.5. No new features have been added. For most users, however, the most noticeable change is the print progress dialog added in 5.5 has been optimized for increased printing speed.
May 26, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.5
• Added the ability to perform payouts & take returns
• Added support for Star Micronics Bluetooth printer TSP650 II
• Added support for manual card entry for Moneris USA
• Added a new Message Centre that allows staff to send & receive messages from within TouchBistro
• Added the ability to mark items as ‘Out of Stock’ to prevent staff from ordering them
• Added setting to automatically mark items as ‘Out of Stock’ once their inventory reaches 0
• Added the ability to assign a modifier group to multiple menu items at once
• Enhanced the tipping functionality with taking multiple payments on a single bill
• Added the ability to sort tabs/takeouts/deliveries by name or by date
• New print progress dialog box
Apr. 1, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.4.1
• Integrates Merchant Warehouse payment processor
• Supports reading Moneris gift cards through the iPP320 reader
• Manual credit card types are now broken down by payment type
• New support option allows support to send you a database update
• Sending screen caps and restaurant data to support now require contact details
• Clock In/Clock Out only mode added to help you track time of staff that don’t need to use the POS
• Manual Staff Hour modifications are now tracked
• Automatic Restaurant opening now has a short cancellation window
• Snapshot report differentiates hours by active/closed shifts.
• Snapshot report sales totals separate out taxes
Feb. 3, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.3.0
• Added Sales Categories for more granular tracking of sales in reports
• Staff list is not broken into 2 sections so you no longer see disabled/archived waiters
• You can now leave deposits on accounts
• Added totals to the Hours report
• Added a “Current Snapshot” report for all sales (open and closed) for the current day
• Added new icons for use in menu categories & modifiers
• You can now change the default sorting on individual reports
• You can now send screenshots / restaurant data directly to TouchBistro support from within the app
• Updated colors for seats
• Bug fixes and performance optimizations
Jan. 2, 2014
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.2.3
• Added a new printer setup utility.
• Added new icons for menu categories.
• Added support for Star Micronics Printer TSP650 II.
• Tables can now be defaulted to one seat.
Dec. 13, 2013
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.2.1
• TouchBistro 5.2.1 fixed an issue with takeout orders.
Dec. 10, 2013
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.2.0
• TouchBistro has been redesigned for iOS 7
• Added seat total to the Single Seat Checkout option
• Can no longer print bills if there are unsent items
• Changed seat colors
• Changed payment options for Accounts
• Added sent times to Course Options screen
• Wait for swipe screen changed to allow manual entry
• Added support for Premier payments
• Added manual entry for gift cards (Mercury and Moneris)
• Moneris and Premier now have hosted checkout
• Tip guide no longer has to be active to set the automatic tip recommendations
• Added force clock out all waiters options (end of day & staff options)
• Added payment options into the popup that is displayed when tapping on a bill
• Added an alert for iPad connected to wrong Wi-Fi
• Moved payment gateway options into setup screen
• Added ability to assign default tables/POS/floor plan to staff when logging in
• Added terminal ID to iPP320 screen to allow for more terminals
• Added new gratuity mode for tracking
• Added data archiving to standard
• Added sample PayPal data to sample restaurant
• Added new inventory reports
• Added images to menu upload/download
• Deleting takeouts now voids them if they contain sent items (will show in reports)
• Receipt is printed when voiding a credit transaction
• Moved credit payment options (sign on slip, hosted, etc.) to one menu