Using Non-Integrated Gift Cards
Table Of Contentss
Chapter 1. Introduction
If you are using a non-integrated payment system and that system supports gift cards, this guide will show you how to log both payments with a non-integrated gift card, as well as set TouchBistro up to properly account for the sale of gift cards.
If you are using TouchBistro Loyalty, this guide is not for you. See this guide.
Chapter 2. Add Your Non-Integrated Gift Card as a Payment Type
Before you begin, you need to set up a “Gift Card” non-integrated payment type. To do this:
1. Go to Admin | Admin Settings | Payment Gateways. Scroll down and tap Non-Integrated Card Types.
2. Tap the Add icon to add a new type.
3. Enter Gift Card in the Name field and tap Gift.
4. Tap Done and tap Done again.
5. Tap Advanced and ensure Show Non-Integrated Payment Options is enabled.
Chapter 3. Setting Up Your Menu to Sell Gift Cards
If you are selling/adding value to your gift cards, you will want to add a menu item in TouchBistro. Unlike most menu items that will have applicable taxes applied, gift card usually do not have taxes added. These steps will show you how to add your gift card menu item, ensure taxes are not added at sale time, and gift card sales are properly accounted for.
1. Access Menu. You will need to access all the highlighted options to set up TouchBistro to sell/add value to non-integrated gift cards.
2. First, tap Sales Category. Create a Sales Category called Gift Cards or Merchandise (if you want to sell other non food/drink items).
3. Create a Menu Category called Gift Cards. Set the Sales Category for Gift Cards or Merchandise (depending on what you created in step 2).
4. Ensure you disable Taxation by removing the checkmark from the included tax. Tap Done
5. Tap Icon and set an appropriate icon.
6. Tap Done.
7. Access Menu Items. Tap Gift Cards.
8. Create a Gift Card Value Add menu item under the Gift Cards category.
9. Give the menu item name something like Gift Card Value Add. This will will be used when a new card is purchased and value is added to it or when an existing card is topped up.
10. Set it for an Open Price.
11. Ensure Taxes is set to No Tax.
12. Enable Is a Gift Card.
13. Return to the Menu setting screen and tap Menus.
14. Tap a menu category (for example Full Menu).
15. Tap Add Menu Category and add our Gift Cards menu category.
16. Tap Done and then add the Gift Cards menu category to additional Menus as necessary.
Chapter 4. Processing a Gift Card Purchase
After you’ve set up a gift card menu item, you’re now ready to log gift card sales/value top-ups via TouchBistro and have such sales correctly reported.
1. Open your cash register.
2. Tap your Gift Card menu category.
3. Tap your Gift Card Value Add menu item.
4. Enter the value you wish to add to the card and then tap Set Price.
5. Double-check you set this menu item up not to charge tax. In most jurisdictions, you do not charge tax on values added to a gift card, as the tax is paid when the gift card is used to pay for a good or service. Tap the Checkout.
6. Process the sale/value top up on your non-integrated payment device and then reflect that via the TouchBistro checkout screen. Tap Non-Integrated Payments.
7. Tap the method of payment that was taken (e.g., Visa).
8. After selecting your payment method, tap Pay in Full and complete the sale as you would complete any other menu sale.
Chapter 5. Reporting Gift Card Sales
When you do your end of day, you will see your Sales Totals report break out your gift card sales.
In the pictured example above, our End of Day report captures the gift card menu item sale in Sales Totals. It’s important to keep gift card value associated with their own sales category to help separate out such sales and keep food/alcohol cost reports accurate. This also helps us properly account for sales we can recognize for that day or period. For example, we have $92.11 in pre-tax sales. However, our Gift Cards sales category item indicates $50 was a gift card value addition. We know to deduct $50 from today’s sales, leaving us with $42.11 in sales we can realize for that day. Of course, when the customer spends the $50 gift card on food, drinks, merchandise, or services, TouchBistro will capture those menu sales and the $50 will be realized then.
Chapter 6. Taking a Non-Integrated Gift Card Payment
1. When the customer is ready to pay, tap Checkout. Process the gift card payment via your non-integrated payment terminal.
2. Tap Non-Integrated Payments to reflect the payment in TouchBistro.
3. Tap the Gift Card.
4. Tap Pay in Full or enter how much was paid by the gift card.
5. Print a receipt and close the order.
Chapter 7. Reporting of Payments taken by Non-Integrated Gift Cards
When you perform your end of day, money collected via non-integrated gift cards will appear in two sections.
In your Payment and Refund Totals section, Gift Card will appear as its own item.
Any money left as a tip via the gift card will be reported in the Credit Card Tips Report section.