Table Of Contents
This guide covers how to update TouchBistro Standard (single iPad configuration) and TouchBistro Pro (multiple iPad/Mac server configuration). To update, you should:
1. Disable the default automatic updating setting on all your iPads.
2. Ensure the automatic updating of the iOS is turned off.
3. Always make sure your iPad or iPads are updated to the latest iOS.
4. Always make sure your Mac computer is updated to the latest version of MacOS (Pro users only).
5. Download any available TouchBistro updates for your iPad (Standard and Pro).
6. Update Pro Server on your Mac (Pro users only).
Note: You should never update during service hours. Update after you’ve done your end of day or before opening your venue.
Chapter 1. Before You Begin
Although there is no danger of updating over top an existing version of TouchBistro, you should make periodic backups of your iPad to lessen the risk of data loss from the theft of your hardware or the accidental destruction of your hardware. See Backing Up TouchBistro for information on how to back up and restore your iPad.
If you’re running the multi iPad Pro version, the TouchBistro app and the Pro server need to be running the same version number.
The Pro server’s version number can be found in the app’s title bar. The TouchBistro app’s version number can be found by tapping Admin | Admin Settings | TouchBistro. It’s best practice to update your update your iPads first and then the Pro server.
Chapter 2. Step 1 Disable Automatic Updates
The iPad iOS defaults app updating to automatic. In general, it is beneficial to allow apps to automatically update. However, automatic updates can pose certain problems when running TouchBistro. You do not want your iPad updating apps in the middle of a shift, for example.
To prevent your iPads from updating in the middle of a shift or ensuring you’re updating Pro server and your iPads at the same time, you need to turn off your iPad’s automatic app updating.
1. Tap Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap iTunes & App Store.
3. Slide Updates to the off (non-green) position.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or tap the Home button. Your restrictions will be set.
Note: Once you disable automatic updating of all your iPads, you do not have to repeat this step whenever you update.
Chapter 3. Step 2 Update your iPad(s) to the Latest iOS
Before updating TouchBistro, you should check to see if there’s an update to your iOS available. To check and update if an update is available follow these steps:
1. Make sure your iPads are either plugged into a charging source or have more than 50% battery life left.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap General and then Software Update.
4. Tap Download and Install.
Note: You should always check if there’s an iOS update and apply the update before updating TouchBistro to the latest version.
Chapter 4. Step 3 Ensure You Have Adequate Space
The final thing to check is if you have enough remaining space on your iPad to install the update. You should have 1 GB of available storage.
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General and then Usage.
3. Under Storage check you have at least 1 GB available. TouchBistro will not require the entire 1 GB but it does require space for unpacking files, creating temporary files, and the like. You need extra room for these processes. If you try to install with less than 1 GB of storage, you may experience odd behavior.
Chapter 5. Step 4 Update your iPads
After installing an iOS update on all of your iPads, you’re now ready to update your iPad or iPads with the new version of TouchBistro.
1. Go to the App Store on all the iPads.
2. On the bottom right tap the Updates tab.
3. In the updates section, you should see an option to update TouchBistro.
4. Tap Update beside where it shows the TouchBistro logo.
5. Now complete steps 1- 4 again for each individual iPad running TouchBistro.
Section 1. Can’t See the Available Update?
If you can’t see the TouchBistro update, simply refresh the updates page. To do this:
1. Tap and hold at the top of the screen and swipe down.
2. Ensure you see a waiting spinner a the top. When you do, release.
3. You will see the TouchBistro update.
Chapter 6. Step 5 Update Your Mac to the Latest Version of MacOS
This step is only for venues using the TouchBistro Pro (configurations with 2 or more iPads). TouchBistro will, from time to time, cease supporting earlier versions of MacOS. Currently, TouchBistro is compatible with MacOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher. Check your release notes if you’re required to update your Mac OS. For help on updating your Mac OS see the Apple site.
Chapter 7. Step 6 On Your Mac Running Pro Server
This step is only for venues using the TouchBistro Pro (configurations with 2 or more iPads).
While rare, there are times the Apple App store is down or unavailable. It’s very important not to update the Pro Server if you’re unable to update your TouchBistro app on your iPads via the App store. Wait until the App store becomes available, update your iPads with the new version of TouchBistro and then update the Pro Server.
1. Ensure you are connected to the Internet.
2. If Pro Server is not currently running, launch it and log in.
3. From the menu bar, click Options | Check for Updates.
4. Click Install Update.
5. The pro server will indicate it’s updating. Do not interrupt this process.
Note: Do not turn off your computer or interrupt the download/update process in any way.
Section 1. Backup
When you update your restaurant data, TouchBistro makes a backup on your Mac computer. See this guide for further details and limitations.
Chapter 8. Knowing When an Update is Available
TouchBistro sends an email announcement to your venue’s email address to let you know an update is available. If you’ve not seen one of these, check your spam folder or determine which email you used to receive your initial welcome emails from TouchBistro after purchasing TouchBistro. TouchBistro uses that email to communicate.
Chapter 9. Understanding What’s New in Updates
Every update comes with a number of new features and feature enhancements. TouchBistro prepares very detailed release notes that document changes and additions. Rarely some changes may require you to review Admin side setting and make adjustments. These will be outlined in the release notes. There are two ways to access the release notes.
First, simply visit TouchBistro’s What’s New web page and download the release notes PDF from the site or view them as HTML. Frequently release notes are accompanied by a highlight video that covers major changes.
If you’ve been a long time TouchBistro user and you’ve not been aware of these release notes, you should download release notes from past versions and review past changes.
You should also distribute these release notes to your staff and managers and have them review the release notes as updates affect all aspects of your operation.
Section 1. Opening Your Restaurant After Updating
If you are a single iPad solution, when you open your restaurant, TouchBistro will warn you your restaurant data needs to be updated. Tap Update Now.
After tapping Update Now, TouchBistro will begin the data update process. Do not turn your iPad off or attempt to close the TouchBistro app.
Section 2. Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions screen is in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
To begin the affirmation process, open Terms of Service. Scroll to the bottom. After a brief pause, the Accept button will undim. Tap Accept. (The terms of service depicted in these release notes are for illustrative purposes only. See the TouchBistro app’s Terms of Service screen for complete and up-to-date terms.)
Both will now be checked and you can tap Done.
Section 3. Backup
When you update your restaurant data, TouchBistro makes a backup on your iPad. See this guide for further details and limitations.