Transferring Unregistered Card Values to a Registered Card
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
It may be the case a customer has a registered card but was given one or more unregistered loyalty cards as gifts. The customer would like the dollar value on the unregistered card transferred to his/her registered loyalty card.
You cannot merge cards within TouchBistro. However, using your TouchBistro Loyalty dashboard, you can consume the value on the unregistered card and then add it to the registered card. To do this follow the steps below.
Chapter 2. Determine the Value of Unregistered Card
1. Log into your TouchBistro Loyalty dashboard on web browser and click Gift Cards.
2. Click on Manage Gift Cards.
3. Locate the Gift Card Number on the back of the unregistered card. For example, W4LSU P9XFA MMYCN. If the PIN has been exposed, do not copy this value.
4. Enter all or part of the Gift Card Number into the search field. The dashboard will show the card and value. Note the Credit amount. If there are any points, note the amount under Points.
Chapter 3. Consume the Credit/Points on Unregistered Card
1. Click Use Credit/Points.
2. In the Gift Card # field, start typing the Gift Card Number of the unregistered card. Do not enter any spaces. The dashboard will quickly pattern match suggested cards. Click on the card that matches the full Gift Card Number.
3. Enter the Credit value on the existing card. For example, the noted the card had $25. So enter 25.00 in the Credit ($) field. If the card had points, enter the full point total. The idea here is we want to fully reduce this card to $0 and 0 points.
4. Click Use Credit/Points.
5. You will be asked to confirm. Click Confirm.
6. Click on Manage Gift Cards and re-enter the unregistered card’s Gift Card Number. We can see its balance has been reduced to $0.
Chapter 4. Add the Value to the Existing Card
1. Locate the Gift Card Number on the back of the registered card. For example, W4LSU TZZLS 5MFGL. If the PIN has been exposed, do not copy this value.
2. Click on Add Credit / Points and start entering the Gift Card Number in the Gift Card # field. Do not enter any spaces. The dashboard will quickly pattern match suggested cards. Click on the card that matches the full Gift Card Number.
3. Add the value you removed from the unregistered card to this card and click Add Credit/Points.
4. You will be prompted to confirm the value addition. Click Confirm.
5. The customer’s registered card will now have the value of the unregistered card. If the customer does not want to keep the unregistered card with $0, it may be used again with another customer.