Setting Up Taxes using RMM
Before you begin creating Menus, Menu Categories and Menu Items, you first need to set up your taxes. To do this click Menu | Restaurant | Tax Settings.
1. Set your tax’s name and the percentage. If this tax is excluded based on order type (for example, take out/delivery orders are tax free), click Order Type Exclusions and select the order types that get excluded from this tax.
2. If you have additional taxes (for example a county tax or a tax that applies to alcohol only, turn the tax on and then enter the rate in the Percentage field.
3. If the guest check is set up to display tax numbers, enter the tax numbers you need to display on the guest check.
4. If you need to apply Tax 2 to the tax charged by Tax 1 (for example, Tax 1 is an occupation tax), enable Tax 2 on Tax 1.
5. If you prefer to set your menu prices inclusive of tax, enable Inclusive Tax. Some iPad reports can be shown with taxes included. If you prefer that, enable Inclusive Tax on Reporting.
6. Click Update.
See Next Step
See Previous Step