Setting Up and Using Premier Payments Gateway
Table Of Contentss
Setting Up and Using Premier Payments Gateway
Chapter 1. For Administrators and Servers
This document will guide you through setting up a Premier Payments mobile card reader (aka a “swiper”) and Hosted Pay and how to process payments with a credit card or a gift card.
Chapter 2. Setting Up a Premier Payments Mobile Card Reader
Section 1. Configuring Premier Payments in TouchBistro
1. Open your restaurant on TouchBistro.
2. Log in as Admin.
3. Tap Admin | Admin Settings in the top right hand corner.
4. Tap Payment Gateways under Settings.
5. Tap Premier Payments to enable it as your payment gateway. Ensure there’s a blue checkmark in the Premier Payments cell row.
6. Tap Setup.
7. Plug your card reader into the iPad’s audio jack and ensure the volume is turned all the way up.
8. Enter the Source Key and Payment Form Key from your Premier Payments welcome information.
9. Tap Done to exit the Premier Payments setup screen.
10. Tap Options.
11. Tap Batch Summary to verify. If the setup is correct, you can view a batch summary.
12. Tap Ok.
13. Tap Save.
14. If you are setting up a swiper, select if you want the customer to sign on the screen or sign a printed credit card slip.
Section 2. Create/Open Bar Tabs by Swiping Card
If want TouchBistro to populate bar tabs by swiping a credit card enable Create/Open Bar Tabs by Swiping Card. If you are a pro user, this setting is local to individual iPads. Hence, you can enable this on an iPad used at the bar and have it disabled for iPads used tableside. If you later transfer the tab to a table, the name captured by the swipe will be carried over to the table.
Chapter 3. Accepting Credit Card Payments
After you’ve set up your Merchant details in the Admin section, you or your staff are now ready to start accepting credit card and gift card payments. Remember, since the swiper uses the audio jack, ensure the volume is turned all the way up.
1. From the Checkout screen, tap Credit Card.
2. Slide the credit card through the reader. The magnetic stripe should be down and facing away from you.
3. Tap Pay in Full. Do not include tip. Alternatively, if the customer only wishes to pay a portion of the full amount, enter the amount the customer wishes to charge to the card and tap Charge. See Closing the Table for how to handle a bill that requires multiple payments.
Section 1. For Sign on Screen
1. If you set up TouchBistro to accept on screen sign-ons, you will be prompted to pass the iPad to the customer. Tap Continue.
2. TouchBistro will present the customer with tipping options. Instruct the customer to select a tip and tap Done when ready.
3. TouchBistro will present the customer with a sign on screen box. Instruct the customer to sign with the tip of their finger or an iPad compatible stylus in the white box.
4. Tap Done to process the checkout.
Note: tips left on credit cards are assigned to the owner of the table. If another staff member clocks in and processes the payment, the tip will be assigned to the table owner, not the clocked-in staff member who takes the payment. For example, Sally opens and serves the table. During her break James clocks in and the table asks to pay. James processes the payment. The tip left on the credit card will be assigned to Sally.
Section 2. For Sign on Slip
1. If you set up TouchBistro to require signatures on the printed slip, you will be presented with a Charge Amount screen.
2. Retain the iPad, do not pass it to the customer, and tap Pay in Full. Do not include tip. Alternatively, if the customer only wishes to pay a portion of the full amount, enter the amount the customer wishes to charge to the card and tap Charge. See Closing the Table for how to handle a bill that requires multiple payments.
3. TouchBistro will print your credit card receipt printer.
4. Present the receipt to the customer for signing and inclusion of a tip.
Important: If a tip is entered on the printed receipt, TouchBistro has no way of knowing the full amount that needs to be charged to the card (bill total + tip). A manager or admin needs to reconcile tips entered on the printed receipt with the bill total recorded as paid in TouchBistro. See Reconciling Tips Written on Receipts (Managers and Admins) for information how to reconcile and get the full amount properly charged to the card.
Section 3. Closing the Table
1. After the bill has been paid in full, TouchBistro will prompt you to close the table.
2. Tap one of the receipt options.
3. If the patrons wish to linger after paying and may purchase more, tap Continue Without Closing Table.
4. If the bill was not paid in full, you will be returned to the Checkout screen. You will see the amount remaining. Additional payments can be made using the options under Payment Options.
1) Cases Where a Customer Might Use Multiple Payment Methods
Although it doesn’t seem readily obvious why a customer wouldn’t pay the full bill with the offered card, there are common scenarios:
•The customer is using a gift card with a balance that won’t cover the full amount.
•The customer believes he/she is near his/her credit limit and can only put part of the bill on the offered card.
•The customer is using a debit card and the funds remaining in the account don’t cover the full bill.
If the customers each want to pay a portion of the bill, do not use the multiple payment method. Use Split by Seating.
Tap Split by Seating on the Checkout screen and tap the seat sub-bills at the bottom of the Checkout screen to arrange by-seat payments.
Section 4. Reconciling Tips Written on Receipts (Managers and Admins)
1. If the customer writes in a tip on the credit card receipt, the table owner (or a user with a manager or admin passcode) needs to login and access the closed bill and enter the tip.
2. From the floor plan layout screen, tap Orders.
3. Tap the All Closed Bills tab.
4. Locate the bill with Tip Required. If you have a lot of closed bills, slide Only show if tip required to the green position to filter out bills not requiring tip reconciliation.
5. Tap the bill’s cell area.
6. Tap the listed payment’s cell area.
7. Enter the tip written on the receipt in the Tip field. Tap Done.
8. Verify you want to charge the credit card for the new amount and tap Yes.
9. You will see an approval message.
10. Repeat if the bill had multiple payments requiring the entry of tips.
Note: tips left on credit cards are assigned to the owner of the table. If another staff member clocks in and processes the payment, the tip will be assigned to the table owner, not the clocked-in staff member who takes the payment. For example, Sally opens and serves the table. During her break James clocks in and the table asks to pay. James processes the payment. James will not have access to the order to complete the pre-auth. Only Sally, a Manager, or an Admin can complete the pre-auth. The tip left on the credit card will be assigned to Sally.
Chapter 4. Credit Card Voids, Returns, Adjustments, and Reprints
If you need to process a void, a return, adjust the amount, or reprint a credit card slip, return to the Edit Payments screen.
Note: You need Manager or Admin access to use these functions.
1. Starting at the Floor Plan screen tap Orders | All Closed Bills and tap the bill’s associated Information icon.
2. Tap the function you wish to perform. Tap Void Payment if the payment is still in the batch. If the batch has been submitted, tap one of the refund options.
Section 1. Reprint a Credit Card Slip
1. If you need to reprint a credit card slip tap Payment Info from the Edit Payments screen.
2. Tap Reprint Slip.
3. On the Signature Line screen, tap Yes if you need to reprint the credit card slip with the signature line. For example, you sent the slip to print and the paper ran out. You need to reprint the slip with the signature line because the customer still needs to sign the slip. Tap No if you just need to generate an additional copy that doesn’t require a signature.
Chapter 5. Using ePayment Form
1. From the Checkout screen, tap the Information icon next to Credit Card.
2. Tap Charge Using ePayment Form.
3. Tap Pay in Full. Do not include tip.
4. Enter the credit card details and tap Process Payment to submit the information.
Chapter 6. Closing Your Batch
Follow these steps to close your batch via TouchBistro:
1. Login as an Admin or Manager.
2. Tap Admin or Options (if you’re logged in as a Manager profile).
3. Tap Payment Gateway Options.
4. Tap Batch Summary.
5. Review the batch summary and tap Batch Close.
6. TouchBistro will prompt you your batch has been submitted successfully. Tap OK.
Chapter 7. Testing Your Setup
1. Scroll to the bottom of your payment setup page.
2. Tap Test Payment Gateway.
3. Tap Untested next to each feature you support and follow the on-screen prompts.