Setting Up Your Epson Printer
Table Of Content
Chapter 1. Using Epson’s Setup Utility
Before you set up your Epson printer (thermal or impact) in TouchBistro, you need to find your printer’s current IP address. In the example below, we’re setting up a thermal printer. The steps are the same for setting up an impact printer.
1. Plug in your printer’s power cord. Do not turn it on yet. Make sure it is loaded with paper.
2. Plug your Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your printer.
3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into your Airport. Plug it into the port with double arrows . Do not plug it into the WAN port. That port can be used to connect to your Internet Router.
4. Turn on your printer.
5. On the back of the printer (while the printer is on) press the TCP/IP Report button and hold it for about 3 seconds. You can use a pen to press the button.
6. It will generate a TCP/IP report. Note the IP Address. In this case it’s 10.0.1.21.
7. Open Safari or Chrome on your iPad and enter the IP address (for example 10.0.1.21) in the URL bar and tap Go on the keyboard. If that does not work, try http://192.168.192.168. Note if you’re prompted for a login name and password use “epson” for the login name and “epson” for the password.
8. Tap TCP/IP.
9. Set Get IP Address to Manual.
10. Set Set Using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) to Disable.
11. In the IP Address field enter your static IP. If this is the first printer you’re adding, enter 10.0.1.201. Increase the last three numbers by one if you’re repeating these steps for another printer. For example, if you add a second printer (like a kitchen printer), enter 10.0.1.202. Tap Submit when you’re done.
12. Tap Reset. It may take a few seconds for the browser to connect with the printer.
13. Wait a couple minutes for your printer to reset. The Please Wait screen may not refresh. If it does not refresh after a couple minutes, simply close your browser. Your IP will be set.
Chapter 2. Setting Up Your Epson Printer in TouchBistro
After you’ve set the IP addresses, you can now configure TouchBistro to work with your thermal or impact printer. In the example below, we’re setting up a thermal printer. The steps are the same for setting up an impact printer.
1. Launch TouchBistro.
2. Login as an administrator.
3. Launch TouchBistro, select your restaurant, and login with your admin code.
4. Tap Admin | Admin Settings in the top right hand corner.
5. Tap Printers & KDS.
6. Tap one of the default printers under Printers or tap Add + in the top right to add a new printer. In this example, we’ll add a new printer.
7. Tap Add Printer.
8. In the Printer Name field, give you printer a name. For example, if you’re adding an Epson thermal printer to print receipts on your patio, you could give it the name Patio Receipt. If you are adding impact printer for your kitchen you could give it the name Kitchen Printer.
9. In the Printer IP field, enter the IP value you set using your browser (for example, if you entered 10.0.1.201 then re-enter it on the TouchBistro screen).
10. Scroll at the bottom and locate appropriate Epson printer selection. If you’re setting up an Epson thermal printer tap Epson Thermal. If you’re setting up an Epson impact printer (typically used for the kitchen), tap Epson Impact. Ensure there’s a checkmark next to the printer.
11. Tap Print Test Page and ensure you get a successful test print.
12. Tap Done.