Setting Up and Using Paymentsense
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
Paymentsense is our integrated, table-side payment solution for the UK. You must be using the TouchBistro Pro Server version. You cannot use Paymentsense with single iPad installations that do not use Pro Server.
Paymentsense cannot be used to close orders (takeout/delivery/bar tabs) or bills entered via the cash register.
Chapter 2. Before You Begin
Ensure you do not have any tables numbered 0 (zero). The Paymentsense iWL250 uses table 0 to return a list of all open tables. If you have a table numbered 0, you won’t be able to return your list of open tables. If you do, do the following:
1. Access Admin | Admin Settings | Floorplan.
2. Tap Edit Floorplan.
3. Tap the table numbered 0 and tap Table Name.
4. Rename the table to an unused table number greater than 0.
Chapter 3. Setting Up Paymentsense in TouchBistro
1. Login as Admin and access Admin | Admin Settings.
2. Tap Payment Gateways and select Payment Sense.
3. Tap Setup.
4. Enter your Host ID and API Key. This is supplied by Paymentsense. It should be in a welcome letter or email.
5. You should enable Automatically Close Table After Payment if you want TouchBistro to automatically close the table after the bill has been fully paid.
6. Tap Save.
7. Return to your floor plan and ensure TouchBistro signals it has updated the pro server.
8. Exit TouchBistro.
9. On your Mac computer, shut down your Pro Server.
10. Restart Pro Server and re-connect your iPad to your Pro Server.
Note: if you make any changes to your floor plan (add tables/rename tables), ensure you restart the Pro Server. Restarting the Pro Server ensures any changes you’ve made to tables or table names gets properly uploaded to the Paymentsense server.
Chapter 4. Taking a Payment
1. With the Paymentsense iWL250, you cannot close the order from the Checkout screen. If you are in a table, tap the Home icon and return to your floor plan.
2. When you’re on the floorplan, take the iWL250 device.
3. On the keypad press the MENU button.
4. Press the F4 key to select SALE.
5. For waiter ID enter 0 and press the green Enter button.
6. For Table ID, either enter the table number or enter 0 to get a list of all tables with balances. Press the green Enter button.
7. To select a table, use the scrolling control to move the cursor up or down. Press the green Enter button to select the table. You will be able to see up to 25 tables.
8. Select F1 to skip EPoS Receipt printing.
9. Select F4 to process the bill as a single payment. Bill splitting will be dealt with in the next section.
10. Follow the on-screen prompts.
11. If prompted for a PIN, use the keypad to enter the pin and press the green Enter button.
12. Remove the card when prompted. The iWL250 will print a customer and merchant copy of the credit card receipt.
Chapter 5. Splitting Payments by Seat
You cannot use the Split by Seat function in TouchBistro to facilitate seats paying their own bill. You can split checks evenly in the iWL250 or you can set up a custom split. The custom split option is the best way to facilitate pay by seat. Follow these steps for one suggested way to handle a split by seat payment request:
1. After a table requests to pay by seat, select Split by Seating.
2. Tap each split bill and print a receipt for each seat. Give each seat its individual guest check.
3. After printing each seat’s guest check, tap Split by Seating to remove the split. If you do not remove the split, you won’t be able to open this table in the iWL250.
4. Return to the floorplan and take the iWL250 device.
5. On the keypad press the MENU button.
6. Press the F4 key to select SALE.
7. For waiter ID enter 0 and press the green Enter button.
8. For Table ID, either enter the table number or enter 0 to get a list of all tables with balances. Press the green Enter button.
9. To select a table, use the scrolling control to move the cursor up or down. Press the green Enter button to select the table.
10. Select F1 to skip EPoS Receipt printing.
11. Select F4 to initiate a bill split.
12. Enter the number of seats (bills) that need to be paid. In our example, we had three seats, each wanting to pay their own bill. Press the green Enter button.
13. Use the scrolling control to select CUSTOM SPLIT. Press the green Enter button.
14. The iWL250 shows you the table’s total (the total amount that needs to be paid before the table can be closed, the number of splits that need to be paid. Customer 1 indicates you will initiate a payment for the first customer. This is not necessarily Seat 1. It is simply the first seat that is offering payment. Press any key on the keypad to continue.
15. Enter the number of bills (covers) the first payee wants to pay. If the customer wants to pay for his/her own bill, enter 1 and press the green Enter button. If the customer wants to pay for two (or more) of the bills enter 2 (or the number of bills the customer wants to pay with his/her card). In this example, we’ll assume the customer is only paying for his/her bill (cover).
16. Enter the total on the customer’s printed guest check. Press green Enter button.
17. Verify the amount. If the customer wants to close this bill with a credit card, select F1. If the customer wants to pay with cash or some other non-integrated payment method, select F4. For this example, we’ll assume the first payee is paying with a credit card.
18. Follow the onscreen prompts and complete the payment for the bill.
19. You are returned to the payment status screen indicating the remaining balance on the table’s full bill, the number of bills left to pay, as well as a prompt that the second customer should now be asked for payment. Press any key to continue.
20. Enter the number of bills (covers) the second payee wants to pay. In this example there are two left, so the maximum covers to pay would be 2. In this example, the customer wants to pay for his/her own bill so enter 1 and press the green Enter button.
21. Enter the total on the customer’s printed guest check. Press green Enter button.
22. In this example, the second seat wants to pay with cash. Even though it’s not an integrated card payment, we still have to credit the amount paid against the remaining balance in the iWL250. So select F4 to log a non integrated payment (like cash).
23. Press F1 to confirm this payment is not using the integrated card payment option.
24. Press any key to continue.
25. The iWL250 will credit the amount against the balance and return you to the payment status screen indicating the remaining balance on the table’s full bill (¬£12.15), the number of bills left to pay (1), as well as a prompt that the third customer should now be asked for payment. Press any key to continue.
26. The final customer will not be given an option to enter a different amount. The iWL250 will assume the final customer is paying the bill in full. The final customer has the option to pay integrated (F1) or non integrated (F4). If you entered the individual bill totals correctly for the previous seats, the amount shown will be equal to the final seat’s bill total.
27. Follow the onscreen prompts as appropriate for your choice.
28. After the last bill is paid, you will be taken to the Paymentsense ready screen.
Chapter 6. Doing a Refund
To do a refund, you will need to know the original table number and the amount to refund.
These details are on the original credit card slip. In the pictured example, this bill was closed at Table 5 and the amount was £11.29. You can also find these details on the closed guest check.
The card must be present to complete the refund.
To do a refund:
1. On the keypad press the MENU button.
2. Select F2 to do a refund.
3. Enter your admin passcode. By default it is 123456 or 01483. Press the green Enter button.
4. Enter the amount to refund to the card. Press the green Enter button.
5. Ensure you have the original card and follow the on screen prompts.
6. For waiter ID enter 0 and press the green Enter button.
7. Enter the Table ID number from the credit card receipt or guest check. Press the green Enter button.
8. Follow the on screen prompts and remove the card when direct.
9. Get the customer to sign the return receipt and press the F4 key.
10. On TouchBistro tap Orders.
11. Tap the Closed Bills tab. Tap the order you just processed on the iWL250 and then tap the More button.
12. TouchBistro puts a negative version of this bill under the Bar Tabs tab. Tap that. Tap the negative return invoice and then tap Edit Order.
13. You will see the returned items as a negative entry. Tap Checkout.
14. Tap the Non-Integrated Credit Refund option.
15. Select the card type that was used (for example Visa).
16. Tap Full Refund.
17. Close the order.
18. If you return to the Closed Bills tab, you will see your refunded bill is now balanced out by a negative refund invoice. This ensures your sales are correct.
Chapter 7. Enabling Tipping
If you need to enable tipping on the iWL250, do the following:
1. On the keypad press the MENU button.
2. Enter your admin passcode. By default it is 123456 or 01483. Press the green Enter button.
3. Scroll to the next screen by pressing the down arrow on the scroller control.
4. Select SUPERVISOR by pressing the F3 key.
5. Select TIPS by pressing the F2 key.
6. Select ON by pressing the F1 key.
7. You will be returned to your list of supervisor options. Press the red Cancel button.
Chapter 8. Restarting the iWL250
If you need to restart the iWL250, do the following:
1. Hold down the .,’ key.
2. While holding it down, press the yellow Clear key.
3. The device will restart.
Chapter 9. Standalone Payment
1. When you’re on the Paymentsense screen, press the green Enter button.
2. Enter the amount to be charged and press the green Enter button.
3. Follow the onscreen prompts.
4. Remove the card when prompted. The iWL250 will print a customer and merchant copy of the credit card receipt.
5. Make sure you enter this payment in TouchBistro as a non-integrated payment.
Chapter 10. PCI Data Security
For more information on TouchBistro and PCI Data Security see Credit Card Data/PCI Data Security Standard.