Setting Up the TSP100 (143IIIW) Wi-Fi Printer
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Download the TSP100III Utility
1. On your iPad tap the App Store icon.
2. Search for the TSP100III Utility. Tap Get.
3. Wait until the app downloads but do not yet open it.
Note: You may be directed by support to download a Mac/Windows version. To download the Mac or Windows version, download this ZIP file.
Chapter 2. Connect your iPad to the TSP100IIIW Printer
1. Ensure the printer is plugged in and powered on.
2. On your iPad tap the Settings icon.
3. Tap Wi-Fi and locate your printer under Devices. The final six alphanumeric sequence is part of the devices MAC address. If you are setting up with multiple Wi-Fi printers, you may want to note this down before proceeding.
4. If your iPad does not find it, you may need to reset the printer. See below for reset instructions.
5. If prompted, tap Join Anyway.
6. Wait until the iPad connects with your printer.
7. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or tap the Home button and tap the TSP100III Utility icon.
8. Tap the icon under Selected Device.
9. If you don’t immediately see your printer, wait a few seconds for it to appear. If you see multiple printers, compare the final six elements in the device’s MAC address to the printer Wi-Fi name you copied down in step 3 above. If you don’t see it after a few seconds, tap the Reload icon in the top right. You may need to tap this a few times.
10. When your printer is found, tap it and tap Apply.
11. After tapping your found printer, tap Device Management.
12. The TSP100III Utility opens a page in your browser. Tap Login.
13. If you are prompted for a login name and password use root as the login name and public as the password.
14. You will be reminded to change your printer password. You can do it at this time. After changing your printer password, note it down. Tap WLAN Settings.
15. Select Infrastructure Mode.
16. In the SSID field, enter the name of the Wi-Fi network you use with TouchBistro. Enter it exactly as indicated on your iPad’s Wi-Fi page. Enter it in the same case and include spaces or other characters.
17. Tap Security and select WPA2/AES.
18. In the Security Key field, enter the password you use to connect to your Wi-Fi router. It’s important to enter the password using the same case. You might want to enable Show characters to double check the password you’re entering.
19. Tap Submit when these fields have been completed.
20. Tap Save.
21. Select Save – Configuration printing – Restart device.
22. Tap Execute.
23. Your printer will print network configuration details. The TSP100III Utility will also report your configuration succeeded in your web browser. Make sure you close the browser or the tab this page appears in.
23. The utility will now reprogram your printer. It will quickly print the Network Configuration and then the printer’s Ready light will flash a bit as the printer requests an IP address. This could take a few minutes. After a bit of time it will the Current IP Parameters Status section and give you the printer’s new IP Address. You may have to hold down the printer’s Feed button to fully eject this print out.
24. Keep the portion with the IP Address handy.
Chapter 3. Ensure You Are Re-Connected to your TouchBistro Network
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or tap the Home button.
2. On your iPad tap the Settings icon.
3. Ensure your iPad is reconnected to your default TouchBistro Wi-Fi network. If not, located it in the Choose a Network area and tap it.
Chapter 4. Setting Up Your Printer in TouchBistro
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or tap the Home button, and tap TouchBistro.
2. After opening your restaurant as an admin, tap Admin | Admin Settings in the top right.
3. Tap the Add + icon and tap Add Printer.
4. In the Printer Name field, enter an appropriate name for your printer (e.g., Bar).
5. In the Printer IP field, enter the desired static IP address. Enter 10.0.1.2xx where xx is one higher than the last static IP used. For example, if you have another printer with the static IP of 10.0.1.210, enter 10.0.1.211.
6. Ensure Star Micronics Thermal is selected.
7. Tap Program Printer.
8. In the Current IP field enter the IP address from the print out. Tap Begin Setup. Finally tap Close.
9. Tap Print Test Page. Ensure the printer outputs a test page. Finally tap Close.
Chapter 5. Reset the TSP100IIIW
Once paired, your iPad will no longer show it as a device on your Wi-Fi settings screen. If you reset your printer, it will appear again. To reset your printer:
1.Turn your printer off.
1.On the back of the printer, insert a pin or similar implement into the reset hole. Hold it down.
2.Turn the printer back on. Do not remove the pin from the reset hole.
3.When the Ready light starts to flash, release the pin.
4.Your printer will be reset and you will now see it as a device in your Wi-Fi list.
Note: The Pair button is not used for pairing with TouchBistro. The Pair button is for WPS set up which is not used by TouchBistro.