Scheduling Integrations (7shifts)
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Retrieve Your Restaurant ID from Your Cloud Partners Page
To fully enable TouchBistro’s integration with the 7shifts site, you first need to retrieve your TouchBistro Restaurant ID number from your cloud site.
1. Log into your TouchBistro cloud site.
2. Click App Marketplace.
3. Locate your 7shifts “chicklet” and click Set Up.
4. Select Enabled. Copy your Restaurant ID. You will need to enter this into your Freepour integration. Please consult with your Freepour onboarding representative for the location to enter it. Click Save.
Chapter 2. Enable TouchBistro as a Third Party Add-on in Your 7shifts Account
1. Log into 7shifts with your admin account.
2. Click on your Profile and click Company Settings.
3. Click Add-ons, Third Party and then click Add Integration.
4. Select TouchBistro and click Add.
5. Click the Edit icon.
6. Click Settings.
7. Enter the Restaurant ID from TouchBistro’s partners page into the Restaurant ID field.
8. Enable Real-Time Sales & Forecasting, Actual Labor, and Enforce Schedule.
Note: TouchBistro does not provide a manager override option for staff locked out via Enforce Schedule.
9. Click Map employees.
10. 7shifts will list all employees entered into 7shifts on the left. On the right it will try to match up staff members entered into TouchBistro by the staff profile page’s First Name and Last Name fields. For those it can’t match, you can use the drop-down dialog boxes to map 7shifts employees to TouchBistro staff profiles.
11. Click Show Connection Settings.
12. Note the API key. You will need to input it into your TouchBistro integration page. Set a Grace period, if appropriate. The grace period allows an employee to clock into TouchBistro the indicated number of minutes before their shift as scheduled in 7shifts.
13. Click Save.
Note: 7shifts downloads data from TouchBistro about every 10 minutes.
Chapter 3. Enable 7shifts in TouchBistro
1. Enable 7shifts under App Marketplace.
2. Enter the API key you noted above. Enable Enforce Schedule and Enforce Role.
3. Tap Done.
Chapter 4. Ensure TouchBistro Staff Passcodes and 7shifts Punch IDs are the Same
Visit Admin | Admin Settings | Staff in TouchBistro and Manage | Employees in 7shifts. Ensure your staff passcodes match the Punch IDs entered for the matching staff profile.
1. In TouchBistro, tap Admin | Admin Settings | Staff | List of Staff.
2. Tap on a staff member.
3. In 7shifts, click Manage | Employees.
4. Click the HR / Payroll tab.
5. Ensure the 7shifts Punch ID and the TouchBistro Passcode are the same.
6. If you change the Punch ID make sure you click Save. If you change the Passcode, make sure you tap Done/Save.
Chapter 5. Edit Your Staff Types
You need to visit each Staff Type and enter the corresponding Role name used in 7shifts.
For example, if your TouchBistro Waiter staff type is called Staff in 7shifts, enter Staff in the 7shifts Integartion Name field.
You must complete this field even if Staff Type and Role names are identical.
For example, if Staff Type and Role are both Waiter, enter Waiter in the 7shifts Integration Name field.
If you have multiple Staff Types in TouchBistro with slightly different rights but in 7shifts you have one catch-all role, enter the 7shifts Role in each of the Staff Type‘s 7shifts Integration Name field. For example, on 7shifts you have a catch-all Waiter role. However, on TouchBistro you have a Waiter staff type and a Head Waiter staff type. The Head Waiter staff type has a few additional managerial rights set. However, for 7shifts purposes, any staff member with the Head Waiter staff type is simply assigned the Waiter role. In TouchBistro, open the Waiter staff type and the Head Waiter staff type and set the 7shifts Integration Name field in both to Waiter.
Section 1. Where to Find Your Roles in 7shifts?
To review your Roles, click on your profile icon. Click Locations / Departments / Roles. Finally, click on the Roles tab. If you have Roles assigned to different departments, use the highlighted drop-down box in the Filter By line to see additional Roles.