How to Register and Purchase TouchBistro Standard (New Customer)
Table Of Content
Purchasing the TouchBistro Standard license is a two phase process. First, you need to register your venue with TouchBistro. After you’ve registered your venue with TouchBistro, you purchase a license from the Apple App Store. Both phases are done within your iPad and within the TouchBistro app.
Chapter 1. Before You Begin
Section 1. Your iPad and Your Apple ID
Ensure the following:
- Your iPad is configured with the Apple ID you wish to associate with your TouchBistro license. This should be an Apple ID you (the venue owner) have control of (you know the ID and password).
- Do not let an employee use their Apple ID to purchase the license. Employees can leave and leave with the Apple ID.
- The Apple ID should not be your personal Apple ID. It should be an ID (and password) you can transfer to a new owner should you want to sell your business.
- The Apple ID must be associated with a valid credit card.
Section 2. Changing Your iPad’s Apple ID
1. To check your Apple ID and possibly switch your Apple ID, tap Settings.
2. Tap iTunes & App Store and Apple ID.
3. Tap Sign Out to sign out of your current Apple ID and associate the iPad with the new Apple ID.
4. Enter your desired Apple ID and Password. Tap Sign In.
Section 3. Create Your New Restaurant and Register
You cannot purchase your license from the sample restaurant. You must first create a new restaurant and register. If you’ve already created a restaurant, open it and skip to Purchasing Your License.
If you’ve not yet created your restaurant do the following:
1. Access the Restaurant Open screen.
2. Tap Setup New Restaurant.
3. Tap New Restaurant and accept the Terms of Service.
4. Complete the Restaurant Profile page. It’s very important to give a real email address you use to conduct your business with. Without providing a real email address, critical messages from TouchBistro will not get delivered to your attention.
5. Tap Create Restaurant on the top right.
6. Tap Register.
7. Accept the Terms of Service.
8. Complete the Register a New Account page and tap Register Now. Note down your Account Name and Password. You will need these if you need to manage your account from your cloud reporting page. It’s very important to give a real email address you use to conduct your business with. Without providing a real email address, critical messages from TouchBistro will not get delivered to your attention.
9. You will get a message that your registration is successful.
You are now ready to purchase your license.
1. Tap Admin | Admin Settings in the top right hand corner.
2. Tap Licensing and tap a license length.
3. After tapping a desired license length tap the Purchase confirmation button.
4. Sign into iTunes with the Apple ID password you created and complete the purchase.
Chapter 3. When Should You Purchase?
If your menu bar is flashing red, it indicates your trial or subscription has expired or getting close to the expiration date. You need to purchase a license for TouchBistro or extend your license. If you (the venue owner) are not a daily user of TouchBistro, you should also inform your staff to warn you if the menu bar starts flashing red so you can renew in a timely manner.
You can also extend your license at any time. Purchasing additional license time will add additional time at the end of your license.
Chapter 4. TouchBistro Extending Your License
There may be a time when TouchBistro customer service has extended your license via its backend portal.
If TouchBistro customer service informs you they have extended your license, access the License page and tap Refresh License. Your extended license period will now reflect in the Expires In and Expiry Date items.