How to Put a Star SP700 Back into Star Mode
If you have set your Star impact printer to Epson mode and need to set it back to Star mode, follow these steps. Repeat these steps for EVERY Star printer that needs to be set back to Epson mode.
1. Turn off the power to the printer.
2. Flip it upside down.
3. Unscrew the panel on the bottom. (This will require a Phillips head screw driver.) The panel is typically screwed on very tightly by the factory and can take some effort to unscrew. It is very important you have the right sized screw driver to prevent damaging the screw head when applying effort.
4. Push Dip Switch #4 back to the top. Note, the dipswitch panel is smaller than it might appear in this photo.
5. Your dip switches should appear as pictured above.
6. Screw the cover back on.
7. If you unplugged the printer, plug the power cables back in. Do not turn the printer on yet.
8. Connect the Ethernet cable to the back of the printer (insert it into the Ethernet port) and then plug it into one of the available Ethernet ports on your Airport Extreme. Do not plug it into the bottom WAN port.
9. Turn the printer on.
Configuring Your Star Printers in TouchBistro
1. Go to the iPad.
2. Open TouchBistro.
3. Load the venue’s restaurant.
4. Log in as Admin.
5. Tap Admin | Admin Settings in the top right.
6. Tap Printers & KDS.
7. Look for all printers assigned to “Star Micronics Impact – Epson Mode”.
8. For each of these printers follow these steps:
9. Under Printer Name, tap Star Micronics Impact (SP712ML/ME or SP742ML/ME).
10. Tap Program Printer.
11. In Current IP, enter the IP found in the Desired Static IP field.
12. Tap Begin Setup.
13. .Tap Close.
14. Tap Print Test Page.
15. Tap Done.
16. Repeat the steps above for each printer set to “Star Micronics Impact – Epson Mode”.
17. Before returning to your restaurant double check you no longer have any printers set for Epson Mode.
18. Tap Restaurant.
19. Please test the printer by sending an orders to that printer. Ensure the print out looks okay.
If you have to set your printer back to Epson mode, see this document.