Processing a Payment with the iPP320 version 11
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Processing a Payment
1. Tap Debit or Credit depending on card type offered by the customer.
2. Tap Pay in Full. Alternatively, if the customer only wishes to pay a portion of the full amount, enter the amount the customer wishes to charge to the card and tap Charge.
3. TouchBistro will prompt you the PIN pad has become active and is now waiting to process a card payment.
4. Press the green Enter button.
5. If tipping was set up, select $ (F1) to enter a dollar amount tip or % (F4) to enter a percentage.
6. Enter the tip and press the green Enter button.
7. Press green Enter button to confirm the amount.
8. Have the customer insert, swipe, or tap their card. If tap is rejected, check the Internet connection. You may be offline. If you have offline mode enabled, you can still process via a card insert.
9. Enter the PIN and press the green Enter button.
10. If the approval process seems to be taking a long time, your Internet connection may be offline.
11. Close the table.
Chapter 2. Switch to Another PIN Pad
Your iPad defaults to a PIN pad defined by the administrator. If for some reason your default PIN paid is not operational, you can tap the Information icon next to Payment Terminal and send the payment to one of the listed alternate terminals.
Chapter 3. Split by Seat
Tap Split by Seating on the Checkout screen and tap the seat sub bills at the bottom of the Checkout screen to arrange by-seat payments.
Chapter 4. Manual Entry
You can use this method to enter a card-not-present transaction. For example, you’re taking a delivery order over the phone. This method may result in a higher merchant fee. Consult with Moneris regarding the liabilities and limitations of a card-not-present transaction or a manual card entry.
1. Tap Checkout.
2. Tap the Information icon associated with Payment Terminal. Then tap the iPP320 you wish to perform the manual entry under Manual Entry on Terminal.
3. Tap Pay in Full.
4. TouchBistro will prompt you the PIN pad has become active and is now waiting to process a card payment.
5. Press the green Enter button.
6. Enter the card number and press the green Enter button to confirm the amount.
7. Enter the expiry date (mm/yy) using the keypad and then press green Enter button to confirm the amount.
8. If the approval process seems to be taking a long time, your Internet connection may be offline.
9. You will not be prompted for a PIN. TouchBistro will generate a merchant credit card slip with a signature line. You do not have to have the customer sign the slip. Moneris completes it with MO (MOneris).
10. Close the table.