Doing a Cash or Non-Integrated Credit Card Refund
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Who is this Guide for?
If you use a non-integrated payment system, this guide will walk you through how to ensure TouchBistro logs a refund/return and balances out your sales numbers. If you use an integrated credit card system, you will find instructions for doing returns in the guide for the appropriate payment processor.
Chapter 2. Refunding a Bill before You Close Your Day
1. From your floor plan, tap Orders.
2. Tap the bill you wish to refund and tap the More button. Tap Refund Sale.
3. After tapping Refund Sale, TouchBistro creates the refund sale invoice under Bar Tabs. So tap that.
4. The refund sale invoice is automatically named after the bill number of the refunded bill. Tap it and tap Edit Order to open it (or right swipe on the order).
5. When you open the refund sale invoice, you will notice all items in the refunded bill are negative quantities. If the items have programmed mandatory modifiers, ignore the warning. If the refunded items are inventoried, TouchBistro returns the inventory count. As well TouchBistro correctly calculates the refunded tax. Tap Checkout to close out this refund invoice.
6. Tap the Non Integrated Refund option.
7. Select the payment type you’re refunding (Cash, Visa, Debit, etc).
7. Tap Full Refund.
8. Close the sales refund invoice.
9. Your end of day will properly reflect the original bill and the matching refund. In the example pictured above, we’ll assume we had one order for the day and we also refunded it. We can see the order is matched with an equal but negative refund. It nets out to $0 sales for the day.