Loading an SP700 Impact Printer
Before using your SP700 Impact Printer (usually used to print kitchen chits/tickets), you need to load it with paper and a ribbon cartridge. Both are supplied with your printer upon purchase.
Remember, always have sufficient and proper paper supplies in stock before you open for service.
Loading the Paper
1. The paper roll goes in the back section of the printer.
2. Slide the indicated lever forward to pop up the back section of the printer.
3. Put the paper roll in with paper feeding out from the bottom of the roll.
4. Pull the paper out of the print and past the metal tear guide. The yellow ply should be facing up and the white ply should be facing down, as pictured.
5. Close the back portion on top of the strip you’ve pulled out.
Loading Printer Ribbon
1. The ribbon goes in the front section of the printer.
2. On either side of the front section are little levers. Pull both of them up to open the front section.
3. The exposed ribbon is going to go in front of the printer head.
4. Ensure the printer ribbon has the tension knob face up.
5. Slip ribbon in front of the printer head. You may have to jiggle it a bit to get it to slip in front of the printer head.
6. Snap the plastic portion of the ribbon cartridge firmly into place.
7. The ribbon will have a bit of slack. Turn the tension knob to the right a bit to ensure the ribbon is taut.
8. Close the front section lid.