How to configure an Airport Extreme Router
If you want to set up a Wi-Fi network for TouchBistro Pro (i.e., the multi iPad version) that does not connect to the Internet, follow these steps.
1. Power on the AirPort Extreme Base Station by plugging it in the wall.
2. Open the Airport Utility app.
3. In the top left of the AirPort Utility dialog click on Other AirPort Base Stations or Other Wi-Fi Devices.
4. Click on the Airport Extreme that is listed. (Note: if nothing is listed wait about 2-3 minutes for it to come up.)
5. Under Network Name and Base Station Name enter your venue name followed by TB. (e.g., MyVenueNameTB).
6. Enter a password that is both secure and easy to remember. And then type it in again in the Verify field. Make a paper record of this password. TouchBistro cannot recover it for you.
7. Click Next.
8. If the AirPort Extreme Router is not connected to a modem, click Next.
9. Select Don’t Send and click Next.
10. Let it go through its set-up. A notification will pop up when it completes.
11. Click Done when the notification appears in the bottom right hand corner.
12. Click on the picture of the AirPort Extreme Base Station in AirPort Utility.
13. Airport Utility will report 3 errors.
14. Click on each error and ignore it.
15. When ignored the error will show a green light. Repeat the Ignore selection for the remaining errors.
16. Once you have three green lights click Edit.
17. Click on Wireless at the top.
18. Click on Wireless Options at the bottom.
19. Click on the box at the top to allow a 5Ghz Frequency band. 5Ghz is preferable as it provides faster Wi-Fi, albeit at a slightly shorter range. Larger venues should link Airport routers for increased range.
20. Click Save.
21. Now click Update.
22. Once there is a solid green light on the AirPort Extreme Router. It’s good to go.
Note: the USB port on the Airport is not used by TouchBistro. It is intended to to provide connectivity to peripherals like external hard drives that come with their own source of power. It does not supply enough power to charge an iPad.