Adding iPads to an Existing Restaurant using a Mac Pro Server
Table Of Contentss
Chapter 1. Introduction
If you need to add an additional iPad to your restaurant you need to connect it to your Pro Server and get the restaurant and menu synched to the new iPad. This document will explain the steps required.
Chapter 2. Before You Begin
1. Ensure your new iPad has TouchBistro downloaded and installed on it.
2. Ensure your new iPad is connected to your TouchBistro network before attempting to connect to the server.
Chapter 3. Make Sure You’ve Uploaded Your Restaurant Data to the Pro Server
You cannot sync an iPad until you uploaded your restaurant data to your Pro server. To upload your restaurant, access the iPad you created your restaurant on.
1. Log in using the admin code.
2. Tap on Admin | Admin Settings in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap POS Connectivity | Set Up Main Device.
4. Tap Use Mac as Main Device.
5. Tap TouchBistro Pro Server.
6. In the Are you sure… dialog box, tap Continue.
7. Enter your Admin passcode and press Continue.
8. Wait for the upload process to complete.
After uploading, you can now sync your additional iPad(s).
Chapter 4. Connecting
1. On your new iPad, open TouchBistro. Ensure that your iPad is connected to your POS wi-fi network.
2. In the Choose Your Restaurant window, tap your Restaurant.
3. Your new iPad will sync.
Chapter 5. Disable Automatic Updates
The iPad iOS defaults app updating to automatic. In general, it is beneficial to allow apps to automatically update. However, automatic updates can pose certain problems when running TouchBistro. You do not want your iPad updating apps in the middle of a shift, for example.
To prevent your iPads from updating in the middle of a shift or ensuring you’re updating Pro server and your iPads at the same time, you need to turn off your iPad’s automatic app updating.
1. Tap Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap iTunes & App Store.
3. Slide Updates to the off (non-green) position.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or tap the Home button. Your restrictions will be set.
Note: Once you disable automatic updating of all your iPads, you do not have to repeat this step whenever you update.