This printer allows a direct connection between an iPad and the printer via a standard iPad lightning cable. If your iPad uses an iDynamo swiper, you won’t be able to use the mC-Print3 in Lightning Mode. You will have to use it in either Bluetooth Mode or LAN Mode.
If you have a multi-iPad Pro system, other iPads connected to your Pro network will not be able to send print jobs to this printer.
Enable Safe Printing Mode
If you plan to print to the mC-Print3 printer using mixed modes, we advise enabling Safe Printing mode on all iPads set for LAN mode. To enable Safe Printing, do the following:
1. Tap Admin | Admin Settings on the top right.
2. Tap Advanced and ensure Enable Safe Printing is enabled.
Ensure you’ve loaded paper before pairing.
1. Pull the panel level forward to open the paper compartment.
2. Load the paper as illustrated. If you’re familiar with the Star TSP100III/II series, the paper gets loaded in the opposite manner. It’s fed from the top, versus from the bottom of the roll.
Forgetting the Printer
If you have previously used the mC-Print3 in Bluetooth Mode and you are now trying to use it in LAN Mode, you should first forget the pairing via the iPad its paired with. To do this:
1. On your iPad, tap Settings.
2. Tap Bluetooth.
3. Tap the Information icon associated with your paired printer.
4. Tap Forget this Device.
1. Ensure your printer is turned off but it is plugged into a power socket.
2. Plug the lightning connector into your iPad and then plug the USB female connector into the USB port labeled “iPad”. This is a USB Type A port. The port to the left is a USB Type B port. It is not used by TouchBistro. The ports to the right are not supported by TouchBistro.
3. Turn your printer on.
Set Up Your mC-Print3 Printer in TouchBistro
1. Open TouchBistro.
2. Load the venue’s restaurant.
3. Log in as Admin.
4. Tap Admin | Admin Settings.
5. Tap Printers & Kitchen Displays.
6. Tap Add in the top right-hand corner, and select Add Printer.
7. Wait a few moments for your printer (or printers) to appear in the New Printer screen. Tap your printer in the Available Printers list.
8. After selecting your printer, tap Next.
9. Tap Printer Name.
10. Either type a name for your new printer in the Name field, or make a selection from the list, for example Receipt.
11. Tap Print Test Page.
12. Tap Save.
Hard Reset: If you return your printer to DHCP mode, you can use the Hard Reset button to clear your printer’s memory and reset any previous connection setting.
Power: Connect your power cable to this port.
LAN: Connects the printer to your router via a Cat5e Ethernet cable. This port is used if you’re going to use your mC-Print3 printer in LAN mode.
USB Type B: This style of USB port is not used by TouchBistro or iPad devices.
USB Port (iPad, 2.4 Amps): This port is used if you’re going to use your mC-Print3 printer in Lightning mode. It can also be used to supply power and charge an iPad.
USB Port (0.5 Amps): These ports are not used by TouchBistro. They only provide .5 amps and can’t be used to charge an iPad. However, they may provide enough amps to power a Bluetooth payment device like the TB Payments device.
RJ12 Port: The mC-Print3 can be used to open an automatic cash drawer. Plug the RJ12 cable’s “to printer” end into this port.
When a printer isn’t responding, see Printer Status Messages to find out why your printer isn’t functioning properly.