If you are using an iPad 4 (also referred to as iPad 4th Generation), it is imperative that you update your iPad 4 devices to newer models in order to:
1. Maintain the latest version of TouchBistro POS software
2. Avoid potential downtime
3. Avoid possible complications/risks to the continual use of your POS system
4. Gain exciting new features, functionality, and regular improvements with the latest version of our software
If you’re unsure which iPad model you’re using, see this Apple site to determine which iPad models you have: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201471
A Customer Care Representative would be happy to discuss your hardware requirements and ensure you’re set up for success.
Feel free to call or email us today!
1-855-363-5252 ext 902
Solo Users (1 iPad)
In order to update to TouchBistro version 9.0, you will need to upgrade to a newer model iPad. Please note that your system will continue to function as normal until you decide to purchase a new iPad and update to the latest version; however, you will not be able to update your system to version 9.0 until you purchase a new model.
Once you purchase a newer iPad model, you will need to contact TouchBistro Technical Support for assistance in transferring your existing restaurant data to your new device. Note that prior to calling Technical Support you will require a lightning cable and a laptop with the following applications downloaded to complete the data transfer:
Adding a New iPad to Your Pro System (2+ iPads)
If you need to add an additional iPad to your restaurant you need to connect it to your Pro Server and get the restaurant and menu synched to the new iPad. This document will explain the steps required.
Before you begin
1. Ensure your new iPad has TouchBistro downloaded and installed on it.
2. Ensure your new iPad is connected to your TouchBistro network before attempting to connect to the server.
3. Open Pro Server and locate the IP address Pro Server has reserved. Copy this IP address down, make sure you include the :1337.
1. On your new iPad, open TouchBistro.
2. Tap the Pro Restaurants tab. Do not open any existing restaurants.
3. Tap Connect to TouchBistroPro Server.
4. Type in the IP Address that is displayed on your Pro Server application and tap Connect. This is the same IP you recorded under “Before you begin”.
5. Your new iPad will sync.
IMPORTANT: In order for TouchBistro to operate, all iPads and the TouchBistro Pro Server on your Mac Mini need to be running the same version. iPads not running the same version number as the Pro Server will not be able to connect. For example, an iPad running TouchBistro version 8.7 will not be able to connect to a Pro Server updated to version 9.0.
Disable Automatic Updates
The iPad iOS defaults app updating to automatic. In general, it is beneficial to allow apps to automatically update. However, automatic updates can pose certain problems when running TouchBistro. You do not want your iPad updating apps in the middle of a shift, for example.
To prevent your iPads from updating in the middle of a shift or ensuring you’re updating Pro server and your iPads at the same time, you need to turn off your iPad’s automatic app updating.
1. Tap Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap iTunes & App Store.
3. Slide Updates to the off (non-green) position.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or tap the Home button. Your restrictions will be set.
Note: Once you disable automatic updating of all your iPads, you do not have to repeat this step whenever you update.