In-App Messaging gives you a way to communicate directly with your diners via your Customer Web App. In-App messaging can be used directly from a search filter or as part of an automated promotion. This guide will show you how to use it from a search filter. In-App Messaging’s use as part of an automated promotion will be dealt with under a different guide.
How to Send In-App Messages
1. To get started, click on Guest Reporting.
2. If you wanted to send an immediate in-app message to all diners returned by the initial Guest Reporting or you could use this page to narrow the reach. For example, you want to in-app message only diners who have been in over the last 90 Days and have spent more than $50 during that time. For full details on how to filter results, see the guide on Guest Reporting.
3. Click Promotions & Communication.
4. Click the In-App Messaging tab and compose your message. The maximum character length is 140 characters. Remember, this In-App messaging method is only intended to deliver your customers certain notifications or kudos. You can’t attach promotions. See the guide on Automated Promotions on how to combine In-App Messaging with promotions.
5. Click the Send button when you’re ready. It’s always good practice to double check the number of guests this In-App message is going to. If it seems too many or too few, double check your filter. Also, double check your message before you click send. There is no way to recall or delete a message once sent.
Note: You cannot format the message with HTML. Entering URLs will, however make the clickable. Do remember you have a 140 character limit.
If you have saved filters, you can click the Your Save Filters tab. You can click on Promotions & Communication to send an In-App message to all diners that currently meet the pre-set criteria. Alternatively, you can click Run Filter and review who you’re sending the in-app message to.
The procedure is identical. Click the Send button when you’re ready. It’s always good practice to double check the number of guests this In-App message is going to. If it seems too many or too few, double check your filter. Also, double check your message before you click
When the diner opens his/her Customer Web App, if there’s a new In-App message the diner will see an indicator over the Profile button.
If the diner taps on Profile they will be prompted to tap the Messages tab and they’ll see their In-App message(s). The diner cannot reply to in-app messages. Messages older than 90-days will automatically be removed.