Some payment integrations require you to give TouchBistro Pro Server access to your PrivateKey in your Keychain app. Normally, when you set up an integration it will prompt to allow this. However, sometimes it might not. If TouchBistro Pro Server does not prompt you to give access to your PrivateKey, follow these steps.
Changing your Keychain Access Settings
1. On your Mac, click the Search icon and enter Keychain Access in the search field. Launch the Keychain Access.app by double-clicking on it in the Top Hits results.
2. Select My Certificates in the Category section in the bottom left-hand corner of the window.
3. Double-click on the TouchBistro certificate.
4. In the Certificate window, click on the disclosure triangle to the left of the word Trust to reveal 8 drop-down menus.
5. Click on the When using this certificate: menu at the top and select Always Trust. The remaining 7 drop-down menus will also switch to Always Trust.
6. Close the certificate window. Enter your computer’s system password and click Update Settings.
7. Click on the disclosure triangle to the left of TouchBistro to expose the private key.
8. Double-click on the private key.
9. Click the Access Control tab.
10. Select Allow all applications to access this item and click the Save Changes button.
11. Type your computer’s System Password and tap Allow.